martes, 1 de noviembre de 2011

Relationships -Blog Post #9 -

What a great way to finish the book.  The story of Jeff is really inspiring. He was not perfect, but most remember him as a giving and caring person that built great relationships at his school.  As a teacher I know I am most likely to accept and receive criticism or feedback after an evaluation of an administrator of which I feel connected with rather than from one that I have not.  If I hear criticism from a trusted administrator I am more likely to change, because I know that this administrator means well and wants me to be a better teacher. If I hear feedback from an administrator I do not know well, I may second guess his/her motives. I may think the administrator just wants to look good and find something wrong in my lesson, or that he or she is just singling me out. Trust and having strong relationships is crucial if we want to have a strong staff.  At my school there is a strong principal who values relationships and trust at our school.  Recently I had a family emergency and he did not hesitate to show his support and never made me feel guilty for having to leave a whole semester to care for a member of my family. As a result I feel a sense of loyalty to my school and principal.

1 comentario:

  1. I agree....This was BY FAR the most influential book we read while being in this program. I think you nailed it. It's all about trusting relationships.

    ResponderEliminar