viernes, 11 de noviembre de 2011

Blog Post #11

  Budget Reflection
I had just submitted the Mt. Whitney High School Budget. It was impressed how detailed and accurate a school budget has to be. I have never been part of the decision making for a school budget, and can only imagine how difficult it is to decide how to allocate funds. The decisions that are made in a school budget affect so many students.  A big chunk of this budget is classified salaries (instructional aides) and benefits. It causes me to wonder if these educational aides are cost effective in the classroom. My personal experience is that it all depends on the competence of the aide. I had some very helpful classroom aides and some that were not helpful. I would definitively like to look into some research on this.  Is there a more effective way to use the funds that would be more beneficial to ALL of the students?  

2 comentarios:

  1. So true about wondering if all the money spent is cost effective. All in all, budget issues are at the heart of running a school and decisions should be shared.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Very true. I have have horrible instructional aides and I have also seen other teachers unable to utilize their aides.

    ResponderEliminar