viernes, 9 de diciembre de 2011

Blog #12 - Reflection on both Capstone paper and Personal Professional Growth Plan

Writing the Personal Professional Growth Plan made me realize that I do not have to wait to be an administrator in order be an educational leader. I have been trying to establish a Professional Learning Community (PLC) in my department. Unfortunately we have only been able to accomplish a common final assessment. Creating a Personal Professional Growth Plan will help me implement a PLC in my department. The Capstone paper was challenging. I first gathered information from DataQuest and found  demographics about my school.   I reflected on what programs are effective and what programs are not. Then, I was able to suggest some improvements. One of the suggestions focused on how to improve Latino parent involvement. As research has shown parent involvement is of utmost important for student academic success.  Our school offers PIQE which is a parenting education class for Latino parents. I believe this program should be offered every year and not every three years as it is now.

2 comentarios:

  1. Good luck Jeanette! It was a pleasure spending time with you in Sanger. You have so much to offer your district. Don't give up - they need you! Keep in touch.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Good luck Jeanette. Thanks for all of your posts. I have enjoyed getting to know you and other people outside of my cohort. Take care of yourself and enjoy your holiday season.

    ResponderEliminar